Learn more about career opportunities and job postings at Plant Development Services Inc. in Loxley, Alabama. Our horticulture professional roles include propagation, plant trial management, plant breeding, plant marketing, horticulture marketing, and more.
Submit your resume and cover letter to apply to join our team! We look forward to meeting you!
Plant Trial Coordinator
This position is performing various operational functions to ensure proper trialing procedures for new plants.
- Inspect plants in the trial area daily and report any issues or concerns regarding the cultural care.
- Provide up-to-date trial data and crop information to ensure products are produced on time and meet quality standards.
- Collaborate with the various VP of Business Development and Product Development teams to ensure the proper product development procedures for new plants are followed and executed to ensure plant health.
- Organize the schedule for initial propagation of new plant material for the Production Manager.
- Collect and record trial data and order in commercial comparisons.
- Assume additional responsibilities as needed
- Previous experience working in similar trialing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture or related field is preferred
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail and written communication skills are required
Outside / Greenhouse – exposure to hot and cold temperatures.