Learn more about career opportunities and job postings at Plant Development Services Inc. in Loxley, Alabama. Our horticulture professional roles include propagation, plant trial management, plant breeding, plant marketing, horticulture marketing, and more.
Submit your resume and cover letter to apply to join our team! We look forward to meeting you!
Exempt / Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt
Job Summary: The position assists the Propagation Manager with daily tasks and crop cultures for plant production on the farm.
- Assist Propagation Manager troubleshooting daily operation issues related to greenhouses and crops.
- Report in a timely fashion on quality growing concerns and potential root-causes.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Collaborate with and support other crews for various projects or shipping.
- Assist in daily tasks such as trimming, consolidation, moving, and spacing.
- Assist in labeling crops and trays.
- Evaluate plant health daily to identify crop timing, quality, and yields.
- Learn and identify irrigation and nutritional needs of various crops and support irrigation team when needed.
- Stay up to date on all required training.
- Perform fertilizer applications and rooting hormones as needed.
- Monitor plants daily for pests and diseases.
- Fill and make trays for liner production.
- Perform inventory checks and enter information into computer.
- Assist with driving H2A workers to and from housing when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Basic knowledge of plants and irrigation.
- Horticulture education or related field is preferred.
- Greenhouse or nursery experience is preferred.
- Ability to communicate with the team.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, physical environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours during peak seasons and work weekends when needed.
- Clean driving record.
Work Environment: Outside – exposed to varying degrees of temperatures.
Job Type: Full-time